Campout Chicken Taco Soup
Instead of dealing with all the drunks out on the road for New Year’s Eve, I decided to head out to Lake Tawakoni and go camping. I guess I should use the word “camping” lightly, because going in a travel trailer isn’t exactly roughing it! In fact, a lot of people actually LIVE in their travel trailers. I stayed at the Sunset Resort; I think 99% of the people who were there actually live there. My two favorite parts of the trip were starting a campfire each day and cooking out, not that I cooked over the campfire or anything.
One of the best things I cooked was a Chicken Taco Soup. I’m not sure why, but everything tastes better when it’s cooked outside, even if you use regular kitchen utensils like I did. This crockpot soup was made ALMOST entirely from cans so it was really EASY!! Not only that, I bought all generic cans, so it was really cheap!
- 1 (15 oz.) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15 oz.) can pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (14.5 oz.) can petite diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 (15.25 oz.) can sweet corn, drained
- 1 (10.75 oz.) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 (10 oz.) can green enchilada sauce
- 1 (14 oz.) can chicken broth
- 1 packet taco seasoning
- 1 Shredded Rotisserie Chicken
Pour all of the ingredients in the crockpot, cook on high for as long as you want. I think I had it on for a couple hours. Stir it occasionally.
Garnish it with chips, shredded cheese, sour cream, or anything else you can come up with! This was delicious!!! I will probably even make this for dinner at home!!