Another great thing about Christmas is you or your family can splurge on things that you normally wouldn’t buy for yourself. This is a list of things that I would love to see under my tree!! These are all on my wish list because most of these things I probably wouldn’t buy myself because I’m too thrifty!! Click on the pictures for prices!!
1. This cute white puffer jacket with fur hood. It is so cute and would be perfect when it gets cold since it’s 90% down.
2. The MacBook is on sale right now. I never see it on sale!! I need a new one because the one I have is getting old!!
3. I have always wanted a fancy camera. I don’t know if this is the best starter one, but it’s a great price for a beginner.
4. My house doesn’t have a good full length mirror and this one has a decorative frame.
5. This isn’t really a splurge, but I love the colors on this sweater.
6. I would love a Smart TV in my bedroom. The one we have in our den is the best.
7. I miss my puppy when I’m at work. With the Furbo, I can see her and give her a treat!
8. For some reason our door doesn’t have a peep hole. The ring would be a great solution because not only could I see who is at the door when I’m home, I could see who is there when I’m at work, too!
9. I love my patio time, but the wood fire pit puts out way too much smoke. This fire pit looks good.
10. I don’t think anyone can have too many pairs of Uggs! I love the lacing on the back of these.
My two favorite prints are buffalo plaid and leopard print!! I paired them with a buffalo print vest and jeans with leopard print in the holes. (see second picture). I got them both at my favorite Rockwall boutique, Divas and Darlings!
I am obsessed with coats. This Calvin Klein one is super cute and comfortable. It’s a little heavier than a trench coat, but with the same look. This kept me cozy and warm! I love it on this cold, windy day!!
Coat (ad): https://amzn.to/34AGwI2
We went to a beautiful wedding last night at Chandler’s Gardens in McKinney. It is a tree farm, as well as wedding venue. The beautiful trees served as a gorgeous backdrop to get married! I’d never been to a wedding reception in a tent, but it was very beautiful!!
Now that I’ve hit my goal weight, I was worried about fitting into any of my clothes. Luckily, I found this dress in my closet that fit ok and had sleeves. My husband had to keep his pants up with a really tight belt. First world problems, I know! But good ones to have when you’re over fifty!!
It’s red ribbon week at school and today’s theme is Put a Cap on Drugs!! I love these little CC beanies with the fur pom pom on them! I have several in different colors. I thought the gray went best with my cute ruffled sleeved shirt from Divas and Darlings in Rockwall. The shirts come in light pink and gray also. I love the maroon color best on me, though!
I turned Fifty in October. I’ve decided to be Fabulous at Fifty. I began a challenging new workout by starting Orange Theory Fitness. I’m obsessed with this workout. I love being able to monitor my heart rate as I do the hardest workouts I’ve ever done in my life. Since I started at the end of October, I’ve gone 3 – 5 days a week. A lot of people I know have caught the OTF bug, so it’s been fun going with a group and pushing each other.
Unfortunately, though, I haven’t changed any of my bad eating habits, so I may be getting stronger, but I haven’t lost any weight. It’s hard to out-exercise a bad diet, especially at fifty. I seriously think I gained ten pounds the DAY I turned fifty. My metabolism seriously just STOPPED!! I’m just going to have to make some real changes soon.
I’ve been reading about the benefits of Apple Cider Vinegar, Honey and Lemon. So that’s going to be the next thing I add to my lifestyle. Each morning I’m going to drink a little of that on an empty stomach and see if that will help me curb my appetite and bring about some of the other health benefits I’ve been reading about. I’m thinking I’ll commit to it for a month and see how it goes.
1 teaspoon raw honey
1 teaspoon Apple Cider Vinegar
8 oz. warm water (1 glass)
I’m still not sure what diet I’m going to do. I really love how easy 21 Day Fix was, so that may be my next lifestyle change.