I’ve always struggled with two main issues for my blog photos. One problem is with getting light in my pictures. My house is SO dark, so my pictures are always a little too dark. The second issue is I don’t have anyone following me around with a camera and I’m usually by myself when I try on clothes or decide I want to take a picture for my blog. I think I found a solution to both of those things!! I ran across this lighting with tripod and remote control on the deal of the day this week, so I went ahead and got it. I’ve put it together and I’m letting it charge now. Fingers crossed that this is the answer to my problems!! I bought a few more things, so I’ll be trying it out soon.
10″ Selfie Ring Light with 50″ Extendable Tripod Stand & Flexible Phone Holder for Live Stream/Makeup, UBeesize Mini Desktop Led Camera Ringlight for YouTube Video, Compatible with iPhone/Android: https://amzn.to/2QH9jXb
It’s New Year’s Eve and we are headed to the casino for a fun-filled week. Tonight we will go to a party, then to the ZZ Top Concert. Tomorrow, we get to go to a special brunch with my sister-in-law. I’m sure we will find some time to gamble and play slots around that busy schedule. We want to start the year off winning!! (Don’t we all!!)
I already feel like a winner, as I was pleasantly surprised by this gray leopard print sweater. It fits so perfectly and is a cozy soft sweater material. I’m planning on wearing this to the casino this weekend, but I’m pretty sure it’s going to become a staple in my wardrobe!! They have lots of other color options and even some other prints. I may have to load up on these, because this is the perfect sweater to wear to work or with jeans! Dress it up or dress it down! I’m wearing a size small. The price is right, too!! It’s under $20!!
Gray Leopard Sweater: https://amzn.to/2SCmSIK
Another fun concert night at Choctaw for Alan’s birthday weekend! Charlie Daniels Band was great! It’s hard to believe he’s 83!! He put on a fun show and engaged with the audience. Travis Tritt was also on fire!! We had such a great time!!
Alan wore the buffalo plaid shirt that he said made him look like he was wearing a table cloth. We were supposed to be taking Christmas Card photos in it, but we never got around to taking them. I didn’t want to be all matchy matchy at the concert, so I wore my khaki knotted back sweater.
Once a year we do an Ugly Christmas Sweater day. I’ve worn the same ones for the last 30 years or so, so I decided to update my ugly Xmas sweater. I actually think this one is pretty cute! I really like the material and it fits true to size. This is a small. I can’t wait to wear it to work!!
This is the second year the office staff has put on a Hot Cocoa Bar for the rest of the staff. My favorite part of doing this is seeing the boring conference room turned into Christmas Central! This year’s fire place mantel looked better than the mantel at my home!!
Another great thing about Christmas is you or your family can splurge on things that you normally wouldn’t buy for yourself. This is a list of things that I would love to see under my tree!! These are all on my wish list because most of these things I probably wouldn’t buy myself because I’m too thrifty!! Click on the pictures for prices!!
1. This cute white puffer jacket with fur hood. It is so cute and would be perfect when it gets cold since it’s 90% down.
2. The MacBook is on sale right now. I never see it on sale!! I need a new one because the one I have is getting old!!
3. I have always wanted a fancy camera. I don’t know if this is the best starter one, but it’s a great price for a beginner.
4. My house doesn’t have a good full length mirror and this one has a decorative frame.
5. This isn’t really a splurge, but I love the colors on this sweater.
6. I would love a Smart TV in my bedroom. The one we have in our den is the best.
7. I miss my puppy when I’m at work. With the Furbo, I can see her and give her a treat!
8. For some reason our door doesn’t have a peep hole. The ring would be a great solution because not only could I see who is at the door when I’m home, I could see who is there when I’m at work, too!
9. I love my patio time, but the wood fire pit puts out way too much smoke. This fire pit looks good.
10. I don’t think anyone can have too many pairs of Uggs! I love the lacing on the back of these.
We are on our annual Thanksgiving RV trip to the Choctaw Casino in Durant this week. I can’t believe I talked my husband into our matching PJ’s, but it’s the cutest thing ever!! These pajamas are so comfy. I sized up to a medium because I like my pajamas loose. The dog even got in on the action with her buffalo plaid coat. Excuse my fly away hair, it’s just how it is, even with a ponytail!
I think the Horned Frog wanted us to do his little sign, but I laughed and threw him the horns. My bestie threw him the Bear Claw and we left the Baylor TCU game at half time and missed all the overtimes. The Bears are still undefeated and I’m happy I got to go to the game! It was my first time at the TCU stadium, too! What a fun day!!
Texas lost, but I made a really cute shirt for the game! It was fun getting to go to the Fair and watch all the TEXAS fans and all the cute UT clothes everyone was wearing!